5 Unconventional Black Friday Online Marketing Tactics
If you’re running an eCommerce business, you’d better know the best Black Friday online marketing tactics to boost your revenue this season. To help you with that, here are 5 unconventional online marketing tactics that will grab the attention of the holiday shoppers this.
Black Friday and increase sales.
1. Upselling and Cross-selling with Discounts Let’s face it; many people will be actively looking for much better deals on Black Friday. So if you already have customers on your site, you’ll need to take full advantage of the upsell and cross-sell strategy to sell more products to them. All you need is — to create combos of complementary products that typically go together, and then offer the customers a discount if they purchase the whole
You can also enhance the purchase’s value simply by offering customers a free complementary product, preferably an accessory. But
if giving away the product will affect your margin, then consider giving a
great discount. Well, these are proven strategies that work extremely well at increasing sales on big days, such as Black Friday.
2. Get your ads in a local newspaper
Although newspaper readership has declined over the years, it is still an excellent place to find potential shoppers. According to Pew Research Center report in March 2016, 17 percent of Americans in the age
group (25- 34) read a newspaper every day. Since the estimated number of American in that group is 38 million, it means that about 6.5 million people read a paper daily. This is a good number to find potential buyers. And the good news is that more potential customers are likely to read a paper when hunting for better deals, particularly when it’s around Black Friday.
3. Publish offers on deal and coupon websites Deal and coupon websites are giving online buyers the ability to compare deals offered by different e-commerce businesses in seconds. If you want many potential customers to see your special discounted offers for Black Friday, then consider publishing the seasonal deals and
coupons out onto deal-focused, preferably the Black Friday-focused sites. The sites usually rank very high for Black Friday related keywords and will surely drive traffic, as well as sales.
4. Start selling on Amazon – Amazon is certainly a great marketplace, where you
should start listing your top products today because this platform represents a significant opportunity around Black Friday. According to Recode report in September 2016, 54 percent of 2,000 respondents started product searches on Amazon than on search engines, such as Google and Bing. If this shopping behavior survey is true, then Amazon could prove to be more important for making sales as it outsmarts even a combination of Google and Bing. The only challenge with Amazon though is that, you’ll have to compete on price with already established businesses and also pay some certain fees to Amazon. Therefore, the margin can be relatively thin.
5. Take advantage of direct mail marketing This is one of the most effective and profitable promotional ways retailers can reach out to new, as well as the existing customers. With direct mail marketing, you’re able to communicate one-on-one with the target
audience. Therefore, you are sure just who’s getting your message. However, to get the most out of direct mail marketing, you’ll need to focus on markets you can easily serve. There are some popular e-commerce businesses already
using this marketing tactic to connect with new clients. A good example is Blue Apron, Hayneedle, and Wayfair.
There you have it!