A/B Testing Google Shopping Campaigns
Split testing can be used by manufacturers and marketers to review the performance of two of their web page campaigns using Google Shopping. The goal of split testing is to boost the best performing webpage. Only under specific conditions will split testing offer accurate correct results. There are a few split testing methods which offer results in your Google Ads shopping campaigns.
The Split Testing Procedure
1) Have a reason behind split testing — The number one reason for split testing should be data driven by Google Analytical data findings.
2) Come up with a hypothesis — The hypothesis that you create should be based on the split testing result. By testing, you will be in a better position to either reject or approve the hypothesis.
3) Statistical significance — Ask yourself what number of visits to your web page will give you confident search results. You can use the Optimizely Calculator to give a sample size that is accurate.
4) Do your adjustment — Make your adjustments depending on your split test findings but maintain the original landing page.
5) Get rid of variables — A small outside factor could affect the outcome of your testing. These misleading factors occur mostly at the beginning of your testing but they can also occur anytime.
6) Ensure that all is working — Make sure you test everything before your test goes live.
7) Attract traffic to your site – After you have attained your sample size and run the test for at least a week, account for variables which could alter your data.
8) Optimize and analyze — No campaign is perfect and you have to keep on split-testing even if you attained the right results.
Avoid the Following Split Testing Mistakes
A number of marketers and manufacturers dive into split testing after they have heard of its ability. They dive in without proper planning which leads to the following mistakes which can be easily avoided:
– Testing without a valid reason — Some people do split testing just because they heard it works for others. They do this blindly not knowing that what worked for someone might not work for them.
– Following practices blindly– Root your results on your own data. Do not follow anything that you hear blindly.
– Testing things which may bring little or no lift — Focus on big changes which are more likely to bring big conversions.
– Assuming that split testing will bring in tremendous lifts — You should never rely entirely on split testing to bring about a tremendous lifting.
Can We Optimize Google Shopping Optimization at the Query Level?
We can optimize Google Shopping optimization at the search query level, but it has downsides. The downsides are that it can only be implemented manually. Besides, it takes a lot of time and resources to implement it.
What is the Reaction of Google Shopping After We Change Product Titles?
Rewriting product names ensures that traffic can be directed to particular products.
The Google Shopping split testing clearly brings the following to light:
– Rewriting product titles has a direct impact on the traffic flow.
– For optimum results, avoid split testing mistakes like following practices blindly.
– The split testing procedure is simple and repeated testing may yield perfect results eventually.